Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Learn to Knit

I love knitting, and especially when you have a knitting buddy it makes it even more enjoyable. My long distance knitting buddy is my sister. So we are able to share our knitting projects through our blogs, my knitting blog is:
www.atouchofwool.blogspot.com
I learned to knit years ago when I was about 12 yrs old. Then put it down and never picked it up again till I was about 25 yrs old. Then knit for a while, put it down again until about 2 yrs ago. I picked it back up and am now hooked on knitting. I decided to start out on baby items; sweaters, socks, hats, and a few scarves for myself. I decided that I would practice on smaller items, then graduate to sweaters for myself and husband. Knitting is very relaxing and creative, a great hobby when it's cold outside and your stuck inside. It takes no special equipment, or electricity (so when storms take out electrical lines in the winter) you can still knit. Just a pair of needles and yarn and you can create something warm and cozy to wear. So I encourage you to find someone who knits that will teach you, or go to your local yarn shop and take lessons. It's so fun......

No comments: